Thursday, August 13, 2009

[ Thankful Thursday ]

Today is a day that I can truly say I'm thankful for so many blessings. More than I realize, and not just the simple things we take for granted. I've had quite an eventful week, attending a school board meeting (which I hate public speaking of any kind!), a trip to the ER, an overnight hospital stay, and 'drugs' that are seriously kicking my butt! lol :)

Today I'm thankful that my (our--mine and my husband's) voice was heard at the school board meeting. My youngest son will attend school where his siblings have always gone. Small victory yes, but the battle isn't over. Long story short, his class size was increased rather than the enrollment policy being modified. My work is not finished there...

Today I'm thankful that my favorite doctor (Hi Dr. J!) was on-call at the ER when I arrived. Hubby was worried after a nasty dizzy episode that I might have been having a stroke so he rushed me to the ER. Dr. J participates and practices medicine with Life Connection Mission. His heart shares the same love for a people that have become so important to me. I know his soul and heart better because of his mission work. (Plus he was my family doctor as a child too! I'm kinda partial! But since he's retired I don't have the luxury of his expertise on a regular basis.) lol

I'm thankful that the good Lord listens to prayer. For those who earnestly seek him you'll find him when you seek him with all your heart. :)

Then you will call upon Me and come and pray to Me, and I will listen to you. You will seek Me and find Me when you search for Me with all your heart.
--Jeremiah 29:12-13
I'm one of those paranoid nuts that if anything should happen to go wrong (when it rarely does) I always assume the worst. My thoughts of anurisms and other conditions swoop through my mind and are put to rest with a cat scan and a clean bill of health from the doc. However I'm 'cursed' with vertigo. What the heck?! Talk about dizzy! I've never felt so out of sorts in my life! Imagine driving down the road (thank the Lord I wasn't driving) and all of a sudden you wreck, your car flips out of control like a demolition derby and your sent reeling down the road in all different directions....and it won't stop! That's the feeling I had Tuesday night. My mind just kept sending me in flips over and over, AND OVER. Well, about an hour later, some valum, and a little blue pill and I'm feeling fine. :) (insert BIG smiley face). Apparently this is something that my mother has suffered from and my father is cursed with too... to the extreme degree that he has to lay down in the floor and not move because it becomes so out of control. I could claim "what a curse". Instead, I am thankful to my Lord that it's only 'dizzy spells' that can be controled. I'm healthy as a horse. yeah God!

Then, yesterday, it was a trip to the eye doctor. I haven't had a real eye exam in probably close to 20 years. The over-the-counter reading glasses from the local waldo world aren't cutting it anymore. So, yes, old age is starting to creep up on me...I have been prescribed real glasses. (insert rolling eyes smiley face here). lol I'm thankful that I live in a world where modern technology can diagnose so many things and there are remedies to help us be comfortable in this world. I can live with glasses. Maybe i'll start wearing my hair in one of those tight buns and people will think I'm some freaky genius girl! lol I'm just glad I will be able to see what I'm eating, and read what I'm seeing. That was my funny for the week. I told the doctor when he ask that "I wear eating glasses". Honest... serious slip of the tongue. Then I explained I have to wear my reading glasses to eat because my plate is blurry and it gives me a headache. lol So, I wear my reading glasses to eat, and my eating glasses to read. Okay, maybe too much valum and little blue pills. lol But I'm thankful that they give me comfort and relief for my current symptoms of the week.

My most awesome and incredible thing I'm thankful for today is a loving husband who cares for me like no other. God's command for the husband to love his wife as Christ loves the church is truly what he strives for on a daily basis.

Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ also loved the church and gave Himself up for her...
--Ephesians 5:25

(Okay, so I spooked him a tad bit), He rushed me to the doctor, babied me by taking care of my clothes and jewelry, and filling out all the nasty paperwork that I was surprised he knew answers to questions I thought he wouldn't. lol He never left my side. He even sacrificed and slept in the awful (uncomfortable) hospital bed next to mine. I can't remember the last time he was so attentive, not even during childbirth! lol :) He took me to the eye doctor (so I didn't have to drive the one hour round trip...not a good idea when the road doesn't go straight in my mind this week!), and he's taken every opportunity to hold my hand when I least expect it. He fixed me breakfast this morning and brought me yummy warm pancakes dripping in syrup and has stayed home with me for the last two days. I love him more than he could ever begin to realize and I am so very thankful to my Lord for giving me such a wonderful gift to care for me and share all my days on this earth with. I love you Eric!

What are you thankful for today?

No comments:

Post a Comment