Wednesday, August 5, 2009

[ FAIR time ]

Yep, it's that time of year again. The fair has started in our little bitty town. My daughter is off working her hiney off for ag. Who starts cooking breakfast and burgers at 6 a.m.? Crazy huh? She also has to work the swine show this morning so she's a busy girl. I was lucky enough to sleep in for a change, but as the good mommy I volunteered to take my turn with a shift so it's off to serve pulled pork to the masses. Could that be considered a mission for the day? I guess if I sport a great big smile and tell everyone to have an awesome day it might just mean something to someone. Right? I always tell my kids to "Kill 'em with kindness!" As much as I dread spending the day in the cookshack I'll try to see the brighter side and find something I can do to serve, not just serve the people, but to serve Him. To make my Lord proud.

I've always loved the fair since I was a kid but my hubby isn't so fond. So it's kinda become a lost cause in my old age. Fun from a distance, and once in a while over the years, I've snuck away with my kids and rode the rides! The ones my hubby hates that make you want to hurl your cotton candy. The Tilt-A-Whirl is my altime favorite. The kids and I lean so hard you'd think we were going to shove one another out of the sides of the car, but it's awesome and listening to them scream and laugh makes it so worth it. :o)

Bonus this year: My daughter decided (being the cool kid that she is) that it might be fun to do some of her senior pics with the carnival as her background. Ferris wheel lights, corndog concessions...I'm so excited. It's going to be great and I'm so proud of her ingenuity. I'll share pics later... of the cotton candy, the pigs and my girl. Tomorrow..... it's the boys' turn to wreak havoc on the city. lol Hope everyone has a super day! God is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment