Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Blog Hop ♥ Time to Laugh

What a coincidence that this would be the blog hop for the week. It's been a rotten couple of days starting back to this week (hence my absence), and when I saw the blog hop "Time to Laugh", the first thing that came to my mind was sometimes you just have to laugh or you might cry. As all of us women know (and if you're a man reading this I'm sure you don't know but you've seen it), sometimes you just have to cry for no reason. Everything just overwhelms you, things pile on, someone says the smallest thing that wasn't intended to hurt your feelings but it cuts to the very core of who you are. I've had a few of those days.

So, today I choose to laugh. The last thing I can really remember laughing so hard at and doing was when we were in Haiti and my daughter learned a song she sang with two of our friends from the Mission... Roberto and Alex. We miss them so. We miss Haiti. But I can hear the sound of my daughter's voice singing and laughing like never before while they acted out the motions to their song. It warmed my heart, it touched my soul. It made me laugh like I never expected. I'll try to link the video here, but if it doesn't work then please forgive me and picture if you will a young, American girl (i.e. white) lol, with corn rows in her long blonde hair, singing a traditional song "Welcome to my house my brother", with two grown (although childlike at heart) Haitian (i.e. black--like you couldn't figure that one out) lol, men standing up, sitting down and laughing....ha ha haaa ha haaaaaaaaa.... :) It makes me smile just thinking about it.

Please, take the time to stop and laugh today. It's the best medicine, it prevents wrinkles, it warms your heart. And besides all that....it makes people wonder what the heck you're up to!!! LOL

There is a time for everything and a season for every activity under heaven:
a time to weep and a time to laugh,
Ecclesiastes 3:1,
4

MckLinky Blog Hop

No comments:

Post a Comment