1. What's your favorite time of the day, and why?
- I love mid-morning. Take note, that is NOT morning as most people see it. I'm not a morning person at all, but give me time to wake up, around 9 when everyone is gone to school, when there is peace in the house, the sun shines, the day begins and I have time to do my devotions and reading with a good cup of coffee. There is promise in the rest of the day, nothing has 'gone wrong' yet and I feel I can accomplish anything and conquer the world!
- Total toss up between Pizza and Mexican Chicken Fajita Taco Salad! That creamy cheese sauce is to die for! But I'm torn between the two because pepperoni pizza should be considered its own food group.
- I used to think this was for anyone I knew or came into contact with to be saved. That's still an awesome wish, but something I realize you can't 'wish' for. That is a relationship that people need to seek, desire with all their heart and work at everyday. So my one wish now would be for there to be no more orphans in the world. The plight of the orphan breaks my heart. The fact that others don't feel that same desire to completely obliterate the loneliness and poverty of so many makes me angry. We are all adopted sons and daughters of the Lord and every child deserves a family with a father and a mother.....that leads them to the one true Father. I'd love to have a whole house full of children and love to support and advocate for those that do and the waiting children that still look for families to come.
- Thankfully I'm old enough I don't really get teased anymore (except by my husband). My hubby teases me about having early onset alzheimer's. I can walk out of a room on a mission to do something and completely forget what it was and have to back track to figure it out. Sometimes more than once.... :s
- Little House on the Prairie. As a child I wanted to be Laura Ingalls. As an adult, watching the show I long to live like Caroline. What a great example of a wife and mother. :)
- Playing the piano.
- VACATION - Hawaii...been there done that before, would LOVE to go again. However, my mind focuses more now on mission trips rather than self-indulgent vacations. (not that there's anything wrong with a good vacation!), but I long to go to Africa on missions.
- Country with a cross over into Christian.
- AMAZON.com baby! There's nothing I can't find or buy for anything I need or want! And it's all delivered right to my front door and usually cheaper than driving to the store and paying their retail! If you haven't tried it, you must!
- Umm... I mentioned Little House on the Prairie right? ;o) But I also know God has placed me right where He desired me to be and I love my life just as it is today.
- I'm sure most people will say the same but this is one time I don't care if I'm unique or not. I'm going with black. Black goes with everything. Black can be dressed up, dressed down, it's slimming (best quality!), it's just great.
(Doc, Grumpy, Sneezy, Sleepy, Bashful, Happy, or Dopey)
- Happy! I'm a born again believer in Jesus Christ and He has made my life so blessed and so happy! Most days you won't find me without a smile on my face.
- Mercy Me.
- I have three children, however it was never a part of my plan. The first two are teenagers (17 and 14), the third is only 6. I miscarried a child less than a year before he was born and was devastated...first with the thought of being pregnant, and then at the loss of the child. So much so to the point that when we conceived our now six year old son I DID NOT want to be pregnant. It was a surprise. It took me MANY months to come to the conclusion I was going to have to be his mother whether I wanted to or not. And now, he's one of our greatest blessings (one of three!) and I want to continue filling my house and my heart with children from Africa and China. I want to adopt. I want to always have the laughter of children filling my home. I want to make one (or two or three...) less orphans in the world. I want to be one of those families that others look at in disbelief and wonder why on earth you would have 10 or more children! I want to be the crazy old woman who lived in a shoe that had so many children she didn't know what to do! I want to be the one people talk about and point fingers at and think she's nuts because she has all these children of different colors and races. I want others to learn by that example and learn they can love someone besides their own biological child with just as much passion and unconditional love.
This is the Chuck and Jane Koth family who had three biological children and then adopted 10 more children! What an awesome testimony to God's word! They started The Children's Legacy organization which is actually based in Kansas City, MO. Just a couple hours from me!