Saturday, January 16, 2010

[ Something to Smile About ]

It's been a long week it seems since the earthquake, and we are on the outside looking in. As much as we want to be there to help our friends and loved ones, we know we would only be a burden at this point and honestly..... I don't know if I could handle the heartache. During our mission trip this summer there were times that it was just so emotionally draining for me. I've cried many tears this week, but none so much as the ones who are living the nightmare I'm sure. I'm wearing out my knees in prayer and decided today to finally put our videos and pictures together from our trip. I'm such a procrastinator and it was something I could share now more than ever and knew it would bring a smile.

This short (and yes, it's SHORT!) youtube video is my daughter Taylor and our 'brothers' Roberto and Alex. I can't begin to describe to you the heart these two men have for the work they do for the mission, the people of Haiti that they help, the Americans who become a part of their family and their Lord. Many nights we had long talks regarding scripture, or discussed Alex's desire to be a pastor. I know their hearts are broken right now also, but knowing the men they are it's never a question of "where was God?", they know He is right there in their midst and they continue to work everyday to bring needed supplies to Port as they can, search for friends and loved ones, and just minister to those in need. We love you both beyond measure and hope this will bring a smile to your hearts as it has ours.

We were updated late last night that another friend made his way to our compound yesterday, Elage was fine. We still search and wait to hear from Celissa. She has some medical training as she desires to someday come to the U.S. to be a nurse and is currently studying in Haiti. Knowing Celissa's heart and spirit her first thoughts would have been to help others before worrying about notifying anyone of her own safety. We hold out hope that she is doing just that. Finding a place where she can be of aid to those in need and we will hear from her soon. Please continue to pray for all of Haiti and I encourage you to send monetary relief to the agency of your choice. Whether it is through our efforts or others. The chip-in box has been moved to the top of the sidebar for convenience rather than scrolling through all the Haiti updated posts.

Simply put in English ;) LOL.... Welcome to my house my brother. We sang this in church and let me tell you, church....well, it's a whole 'nother experience in Haiti! God is definitely among them and we loved worshiping with them!
"In everything I showed you that by working hard in this manner you must help the weak and remember the words of the Lord Jesus, that He Himself said,
"It is more blessed to give than to receive."
--Acts 21:35

2 comments:

  1. I am so happy to see so many bloggers helping the people of Haiti!

    I loved the video!

    -Alisa Hope

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing the video...I can't imagine what your pain might feel like...after being there and knowing these sweet people and waiting to hear about Celissa. I'm praying for her. I have my own ache and grief for Haiti...I've never been there...but I can only imagine how these people are suffering...I'm holding onto hope...faith.... Beth

    ReplyDelete