Wednesday, September 2, 2009

[ Now READ This! ]

It's really been a quite hum drum day. Same 'ole same 'ole. It was nice to get out and do a couple of new shoots and click the shutter. But there's so much to do I just feel like I'm at a stand still at times. So the last couple of days have just been blah for me. I miss reading. I miss lots of things....and people. :s So, to get my daily fix of smiles and joy I read friends' blogs to catch up.

The highlights of my day have come in the last couple of hours, surfing and reading...then working some more. Then surfing and reading. I tend to have adult ADD at times. Especially at night with the distractions of kids about the house and the TV running. Did I mention I finished Nights in Rodanthe tonight (the movie) and watched A Walk in The Clouds for the umpteenth time. Talk about chick flix! Oiy. I've cried enough tears tonight to water a garden.

Anywho.... While doing my nightly surfing I stumble upon a friends' sidebar button that is a book review link. So guess what? I click, follow and fill out the form. I'm going to get to be a book reviewer!! How cool is that?! I'll post info on it soon when I get the details and widgets for the blog. But the best part of the whole deal (it's not getting paid), is FREE BOOKS! Wowza! I thrive on books. I'm so excited!!

And then, while surfing away... I pre-order this book.

My heroine! Ree has finally finished and published her cookbook and I'm pre-ordering my copy! The sticky buns I made last week came from her site. I'm excited to see what it has in store! I've been following Ree's blog for the last three years and she cracks me up. A woman after my own heart.....if I lived on a remote ranch in Wyoming. Something I've dreamed about on occasion, but know is not a reality. So I live vicariously through her blog. :)

That's my day (or should I say night) in a nutshell. Any other bookworms out there? I'm planning a book swap very soon too!!! I'll post more about that when I get some dates finalized. It's gonna be FREE books for lots of folks!

1 comment:

  1. I live vicariously through her blog, too! I totally want to be her when I grow up. Ha!

    ReplyDelete