Monday, September 28, 2009

[ Happy B♥Day to My Hubby and Signs ]

Today is my hubby's birthday! He's the Big 4-0!! I can't believe it! The other part that is hard for me to believe is that I've been there for all his birthdays since he was 16 years old. Unbelievable is how that feels. Our oldest daughter has passed the age I was when I met her daddy. I've spent more years with him than without him during my entire lifetime... that's what happens when you marry a high school sweetheart you met at 15. If my daughter came to me now and told me she found the person she was going to spend the rest of her life with I'd think she was talking teenage nonsense. I wonder what my parents thought. :-]

I can't say it's been all great, but it's definitely something I wouldn't change for anything. There's been more good than bad and all the things we experience in our lives are for a purpose. They make us stronger, teach us lessons and make our hearts what they are. God has seen us through and brought us to the point in our relationship where my life would be empty without him. He's a terrific daddy, a wonderful husband and has a heart and a passion for the Lord. Watching him study daily and want to teach our children and share with them....and others, brings me happiness.

So, today.... Happy b-day honey! I know you're at work and already having a bad day (because you called and I wish you could have taken the day off), but you'll have surprises when you get home! We love you daddy! I wish I could take you back to Tennessee to go fly-fishing today. But someday soon. I promise.

Thursday was my birthday and I had a terrific day. My momma brought me lunch at home while I was working and we ate and visited before she had to go. My favorite lunch... mini pizza and corn nuggets. Yum! Then of course, it was season premier of Grey's Anatomy! Woo Hoo!!! The kids and I went to my friend Diane's and had taco dinner and she made me a chocolate cake. :-] Tanner loves playing with Brian, Tyler always finds time for Kristi and Taylor and Kevin of course watched Grey's with us. I really enjoyed the evening. Eric got me a card from him and one from the kids and a new gold necklace with praying hands on it.

So, it's been a busy week of birthdays for us. Three birthdays all within 8 days. September is a great month for us. Plus, we've been visiting churches the last few weeks. Newtown Christian church was awesome, visiting with my uncle and other friends. We drove an hour one way to visit their church and even the kids liked it. Yesterday, we visited the First Assembly of God, it was friends and family day and everyone was encouraged to invite a visitor. Joy invited us to attend church and we saw lots of friends and family there also. It used to be Eric's 'home church' and lots of his family still attend there. We saw aunts and uncles, cousins, some even came from Iowa to visit.

My favorite part of the day yesterday seemed like it came out of nowhere. I've been reading, studying and praying about adoption for so long now. Some days it just seems like something that is stuck in my head and really no purpose or plan and other days I wait to see where the Lord leads us. I feel very strongly that it's something that's been placed in my heart for a purpose. Yesterday started out as a day that I just had so many mixed feelings and before I even had my shower I said a prayer and ask God to help me understand. If it was something He placed in my heart and had a plan for our family and it's His will to show me that I was on the right path. That it is His will and it would all work out. One of the verses that was shared during the sermon at church was Habakkuk 2:3. I cried.

"For the vision is yet for the appointed time; It hastens toward the goal and it will not fail. Though it tarries, wait for it; For it will certainly come, it will not delay." Habakkuk 2:3

After church we went to my mom and dad's for dinner. Mom fixed a full meal, meat and potatoes and dessert! YUM I ate so much I couldn't wait to change into my 'fat pants' when we got home. And of course, to take my Sunday afternoon nap. It was a terrific day. Looking forward to an even greater week.

No comments:

Post a Comment