Sunday, September 16, 2012

Reviewing, Reviewing, Reviewing!

I hear the theme song to Rawhide playing in my head.....'Rollin' rollin' rollin.........'  LOL  :)  I'm reviewing, reviewing, reviewing!!!  Yes, I go in spurts, winter is coming and with this cooler weather we've been experiencing I've had my nose in a book most days!   I love reading (which is probably where my kids get it) and getting my sites updated with new books all the time makes it exciting!  It's like taking a big trip to Barnes & Noble without paying $4.00 a gallon for gas to get there.  ha!  Too bad that's not actually funny.....I refuse to get into political posts so we'll get back to reading.

The next book I'm getting ready to read is 
I'm all about self-help and inspiration books, even teaching types.  But once in a while you just need a good story (especially the TRUE ones) of an underdog and real life.  Many know that a piece of my heart is lost in Africa....don't know why exactly, but God has it there and I'm excited to read this story about Lopez Lomong.  I'm not a track fan by any means, but this looks so intriguing.  Stay tuned!

This is the description of the book:

Running for My Life is not a story about Africa or track and field athletics. It is about outrunning the devil and achieving the impossible faith, diligence, and the desire to give back. It is the American dream come true and a stark reminder that saving one can help to save thousands more.
Lopez Lomong chronicles his inspiring ascent from a barefoot lost boy of the Sudanese Civil War to a Nike sponsored athlete on the US Olympic Team. Though most of us fall somewhere between the catastrophic lows and dizzying highs of Lomong's incredible life, every reader will find in his story the human spark to pursue dreams that might seem unthinkable, even from circumstances that might appear hopeless.
PLUS! Yesterday I attended the Beth Moore simulcast at the First Baptist Church in our town.  It was AMAZING.  ♥  I've always wanted to go see Beth live, and this was the next best thing.  My first ever simulcast and I gotta tell ya, as long as the church will keep bringing them back I'm THERE!  I can't begin to share how much I enjoyed yesterday.  Doors opened at 8 a.m. and we concluded the day around 4 I think it was.  Had a break for lunch and potty breaks mid-morning and mid-afternoon.  Spent the day with sister's in Christ learning from His word in 2 Kings and putting our FAITH back in our FAITHFULNESS!!  I feel so renewed and overflowing with joy from the Holy Spirit.  Sharing the day with my friend Joy was awesome and just being in the house of the Lord the entire day.  I told my hubby this morning on the way to church (as I was still rambling on about it I'm sure is what he thought....lol) that it's such a shame that there aren't more women in my life who would have loved to have spent the ENTIRE day worshiping and studying the word.  But I can't think of any other way I would have rather spent the day.  Most folks grumble about getting up on Sundays and going to church (if they even do), and as I mentally went through my list of acquaintances and friends I wondered who if any of them would have been excited or looked forward to spending the entire day in church.  I gotta tell ya, I can't think of a better way to spend a day and I'm so glad I was blessed to take part in yesterday's event.  
As Beth said, when someone asks how are you?  I'm ready to respond with "I'm blessed in His presence!"  Wishing you all a terrific week ahead!  We've got three birthdays coming up in our family, lots of exciting events for my job this week and more football in store!  It's gonna be a great week.  
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment