Monday, January 10, 2011

Live Dangerously

DANGEROUS WOMEN

May we be dangerous women.
May we be women who acknowledge our power to change, and grow, and be radically alive in God.
May we be healers of wounds and righters of wrongs.
May we weep with those who weep and speak for those who cannot speak for themselves.
May we cherish children, embrace the elderly, and empower the poor.
May we pray deeply and teach wisely.
May we be strong and gentle leaders.
May we sing songs of joy and talk down fear.
May we never hesitate to let passion push us , conviction propel us, and righteous anger energize us.
May we strike fear into all that is unjust and evil in the world.
May we dismantle abusive systems and silence lies with truth.
May we shine like stars in a darkened generation.
May we overflow with goodness in the name of God and by the power of Jesus.
And in that name, and by that power, may we change the world.
~ Lynne Hybels ~ Nice Girls Don't Change the World 
So, I want to live dangerously.  I want to change the world.  But how can that even be possible?  We've all heard the story of the starfish.  That it's impossible to change the world for everyone, but for one you can change the world.  So I'm going out on a limb.....I want to change the world for as many people as I can.  More than one.  By whatever means necessary.
I can sponsor children, I can adopt (which is another long post in itself since I'm still living with that reluctant husband), I can pray, I can give, I can go.  I pray for missionaries already in the field sharing the gospel and being the hands and feet of Jesus.  I can give to their 'cause'.  Yes, there are a million and one ways to give to different charities.  No one is asking you to support them all.  Find a cause that is close to your heart.  Find a cause that you see the gospel being put to work.  Where it's coming alive!  And support it!  Whether it's $1.00 or $100.00 (or add a few more zeros if you're able!).  I'm sure we can all add a few more to the $1.00....  seriously.  Look within your heart and see what God is asking you to do.  What is your part?


Each of you should give what you have decided in your heart to give, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver.  
I can go....  I can go to another country to adopt (oh wouldn't that be a dream come true), or go down the street to the local agency and become a foster parent and adopt domestically.  Looking at all those beautiful faces and reading their profiles.  They just want someone to love them.  To show them they are worthy.  Aren't we all looking for just that?  They need someone to show them that not only are they special to an earthly parent, they are worthy and loved by their heavenly Father.  
I can go on a mission trip.  You know, when asked (and sometimes just telling it like it is) those that have been helped will share with you that it wasn't what you gave them to improve their lives that made a difference.  The material aspect isn't what sticks in their minds and hearts forever.  It's that someone chose to show them love with their actions.  Just to show up.  To walk with them, to hold their hand. 

Numbers 11:17
I will come down and speak with you there, and I will take some of the power of the Spirit that is on you and put it on them. They will share the burden of the people with you so that you will not have to carry it alone.
I want to be dangerous.  I want to do it all.  Some days I feel broken because I'm not doing enough.  Today seems to be one of those days.  So, today I will pray.  I will look to the One who gives me strength.  Who blesses me beyond measure.  I will take comfort in knowing that even though I fail to do everything I can, He remembers me and knows my heart breaks for what breaks His.  I pray that He shows me how to live dangerously.  I pray He shows you the same. ♥
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment