Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Peek-A-Boo Baby!

It's no secret I have a passion for sewing.  But when you pair that with some incredible patterns and tutorials you can really be amazed at what you can create!  The brilliant minds that are behind the scenes really don't get enough credit.  They design of all things you make and get compliments on from your friends and family, and you say thanks!  I made it myself!  Which is no lie, and it's an awesome feeling to say that...but I really wish there was a way to just flip a card out of your pocket and say, "HERE!  Check this out!  You think I did an awesome job, go buy one of these patterns and YOU too can look like a seamstress genius!" lol

The only reason I say this, is because there are sew many pattern designers out there that we tend to lean toward our favorites over and over again.  The ones with precise, clear, easy-to-read instructions.  With LOTS of pictures. ;)  For us visual learners.  I despise reading instructions.  I think I have too much testosterone in my system.   You know...it's a man thing.  Skip the instructions, don't ask for directions.  But I do put the cap back on the toothpaste for those who are wondering.

I had the privilege of testing another pattern recently from one of my favorite, if not THE favorite at the top of my list: Peek-A-Boo Pattern Shop.  Amy has the most awesome patterns and they make you really feel like a pro and your kids looks stylish.  The new Baby Bundle is adorbs (as my teenager likes to say, that's adorable in adult english).  I was chosen to make the baby gown and it was such a fast and simple sew.  So fast, I forgot to take pictures of how I made it!  :(  Seriously.  I used a Gap t-shirt I had in my upcycle stash to make the cutest little pink jersey nightgown for a friend's baby girl.  And she loved it.

If you like sewing with knits and jersey, and need something simple and fast for a baby gift or to add to your own nursery wardrobe check out the Peek-A-Boo Lullaby Line!  The bundle gives you discounted pricing over purchasing the patterns individually.  And we all love a good sale, right?!  Check it out!  (And I promise....the next project I make will have pictures.  I won't forget.)



No comments:

Post a Comment