Thursday, December 3, 2009

[ So Much to be Thankful For ]

The week surrounding Thanksgiving had been very busy and the days following pretty hectic too. Sorry I haven't been around much. We had big plans for Thanksgiving that fell through, but enjoyed staying home with our kids and just being with our family and playing board games with the kids and eating all day. I cooked from sun up til sun down and we played games at the same time and through the evening. I got to sew and enjoy time away from work. Being self-employed and enjoying what I do (being a photographer) it's hard to pull myself away from work and separate. There's always something fun to do in photoshop or things to look up and research on the internet, or just surfin' other photogs sites for inspiration. It was nice not to touch a computer all day long. :)The one thing we ask the kids to do on Thanksgiving was before playing games and forgetting why we should all be thankful they needed to find and share their favorite bible verse on being thankful. I quickly learned even more reasons why I'm thankful for the wonderful children God has blessed me with. Taylor wrote down four different verses, so I picked my favorite from her list:

"You received Christ Jesus the Lord, so continue to live as Christ's people. Sink your roots in him and build on him. Be strengthened by the faith that you were taught, and overflow with thanksgiving."
--Colossians 2:6-7

Tyler shared his verse and then told me what to write down, but the verse number was wrong. :s So when he gets home from school I'll have to have him look for the right numbers to share. it was awesome too. My kids are such a blessing I'm so thankful for EVERYDAY.

Then came the weekend and I moved my studio to a new location. I hate moving but it was a beautiful day and I had lots of help so it went pretty smoothly all things considered. My new studio is going to be awesome if I ever get everything put away and sets designed. I've got lots of plans. One of my favorite parts about the new studio is that I have a small sitting room that I decorated for our adoption ministry. The girls and I are still advocating for orphans and planning things for the community. We're sewing away for fundraisers and the room I set up is very homey and has all the adoption application packets, pamphlets of information, the lending library and the boutique with children's clothing. It's awesome. And probably my favorite part about the new studio. I've combined the best of both worlds, and those two things God blesses me with I love sharing with everyone I meet. Adoption and Photography. What could be better?! :o) I'll post pictures soon when I get all the debris and empty boxes hauled out and I'm completely settled in.

Now.... something that can be exciting (or at least I think so), is to follow my bloggy friends "The Baker's Sweets" this week. They left yesterday on their way to China to get their daughter Ava! Their adoption story is amazing and I can't wait to follow them on their journey this week. You can also find their link in my favorites on the sidebar. Hope you all have a wonderful rest of the week. I'll try to check in and post sooner next time! ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment